By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, July 30, 11:58 AM
Thanh Nien newspaper quoted Bui Thi Them, one of the survivors, as saying the fire broke out Friday afternoon when welding sparks ignited roofing insulation. The sparks came as a lightening rod was being installed on the factory’s roof.
The newspaper reported Saturday that police have detained six people for questioning, including the Vietnamese owner of the factory, her Chinese husband and the welder.
Tuoi Tre newspaper said six workers managed to escape unhurt.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.